“No better time to invest and unlock the mining potential of Nigeria”
Since inception Nigeria Mining Week has received solid and enthusiastic industry support and already market leaders such as 3M Geo Resources, BARRON, AG Vision, Kian Smith Trade & Co, Meridian Drilling, PW Nigeria, SBOG and TYB are early confirmed sponsors for the third edition of this leading industry event.
The event is held in Abuja in October and is organised by the Miners Association of Nigeria in partnership and strategic support from Spintelligent, PwC Nigeria and the Ministry of Mines and Steel Development.
The upcoming Nigeria Mining Week provides access to all the practical knowledge, valuable connections and decision makers for would-be and established mining companies in the country.
Some of the key industry mining operators, event partners and technology and services providers who will be at Nigeria Mining Week include:
- “With high expectations and willingness amongst key stakeholders to collaborate in driving growth, there is no better time to invest in unlocking the mining potential of Nigeria than now.”
– Cyril Azobu, PwC Nigeria’s Mining Sector Leader and Head Consulting.
- “The Nigerian mining sector has the capacity to propel sub Saharan Africa to global leadership in key mineral production like iron ore, manganese, copper, nickel, gold and limestone.”
– Aliyu Mamman, CEO, 3MGeo Resources, returning gold sponsors.
- “BARRON is excited to introduce to the 3rd annual Nigeria Mining Week its BRAND-ABLE™ Solutions Business to mining blue chip organisations, with platforms offering a wide variety of canvasses and solutions that support and build their brands by assisting them to switch their brands ON.”
– Darryn Scheepers, Head of Africa, BARRON, gold sponsors.
- “Nigeria is on the verge of a new dawn and has amazing blue-sky opportunities in the solid mineral industry: from IOCG deposits to hydrothermal and epithermal gold deposits, copper porphyries, sedimentary copper deposits, high grade battery minerals including lead, zinc, lithium and graphite to name but a few. “
– Riaan van der Westhuizen, MD, Minutor – silver sponsors.
- “We are excited about our work on developing and integrating the gold value chain. We have recently launched services as a gold trading firm offering services in purchasing and refining gold for our clients. We believe these services will be impactful for the development of the gold sector.”
– Nere Teriba, MD, Kian Smith Trade and Co, returning silver sponsors.
- “We are excited and looking forward to gaining a wider exposure. We want the local companies to know about our services and the global juniors to know that the Nigerian market already entails some exploration companies with an access to globally recognized experts. We should look at mining in Nigeria as a sustainable process. Listen to the experts, to those that have done it before.”
– Fadi A. Ghazale, MD, AG Vision Mining Ltd., returning silver sponsors.
- “Meridian is excited to be working in Bauchi with a progressive and driven company such as Symbol Mining, which is leading the field in utilising up-to-date drilling and exploration techniques in Nigeria”
– Jeremy Moore, owner of Meridian Drilling, a silver sponsors.
- “We have acquired a number of licences, the majority of which are in Niger state, and are currently carrying out a detailed exploration programme”
– Martin O’Boyle, Director of PW Nigeria Ltd, silver sponsors.
- “We are building a reputable, safe and trusted mining company in Nigeria, and hope to raise awareness of Nigeria’s potential as a mineral resource producer.”
– Tim Wither, CEO, Symbol Mining, bronze sponsors.
- “Next to oil, mining has high export potential offering a lot of opportunities to boost the Nigerian economy, attract foreign investors and opens sources of revenue for a wide variety of local operators.”
– Willy De Smedt, GM, DEM NIGERIA, bronze sponsors.
The full interviews with these mining experts are on the event website: http://www.nigeriaminingweek.com/interviews
Nigeria Mining Week conference programme highlights include:
- GRAND OPENING SESSION
- FINANCE AND INVESTMENT SESSIONS
- LEGAL AND REGULATORY ISSUES
- PROJECT UPDATES
- PANEL DISCUSSIONS
- DRAGONS’ DEN
- MENTORSHIP PROGRAMME
Strategic and deal making platform for the mineral sector
Nigeria Mining Week offers a one-stop-shop to engage directly with policy makers, financiers and mining investors as well as the opportunity to gain the most current information on geophysical data on the resources available to explore in Nigeria. The third annual event will provide a platform to engage with over 700 small scale miners through MAN, 10 Nigerian states displaying and promoting opportunities in small and medium scale mining and over 100 mining and exploration companies.
Other bronze sponsors include ITM Africa, Jubaili Bros, Minelab, Panafrican Equipment Group, Rubble Master and SMT.
Spintelligent is a well-known trade conference and expo organiser on the continent. The company has particular expertise and experience in mining, infrastructure development, energy and agriculture events; including long-running flagship shows such as DRC Mining Week in Lubumbashi, Kenya Mining Forum in Nairobi, Agritech Expo Zambia and African Utility Week in Cape Town.
Nigeria Mining Week dates and location:
Pre-conference: 15 October 2018
Conference: 16-17 October 2018
Venue: Nigerian Air Force Conference Centre, Abuja, Nigeria
Senior communications manager: Annemarie Roodbol
Telephone: +27 21 700 3558